Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum equipment reliability, production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Essential member of Plant Leadership Team
- Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance including overall plant safety
- Responsible for plant Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Manages technical and non-technical Maintenance personnel daily activities
- Initiates, implements and manages plant CMMS program based upon best practices with an emphasis on planning/scheduling of a robust preventative/predictive maintenance program.
- Working knowledge of facility maintenance with an understanding of environmental control systems, ISO, and OSHA standards and compliance.
- Budget responsibilities to include but not limited to spare part inventory and maintenance supplies initiating reordering when required.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance related opportunities
- Ensures maintenance personnel adequately trained, equipped and motivated and
- Conducts performance evaluations to determine team member competency, knowledge and contribution
- Tracks, analyzes key maintenance parameters such as Machine Uptime, maintenance cost, PM compliance and offers plans to minimize unplanned downtime
- Communicates and coordinates maintenance activities with Plant Operations and Production Scheduling
- Comprehends and follows all job and safety related SOPs.
- Adhere to departmental safety rules and policy.
- Other Responsibilities or duties as assigned
• Mobility and dexterity for the repair of all electrical equipment within the plant.
• The employee must be able to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Associates degree in Maintenance or Technical field (required), Bachelors degree in Management, Operations or Engineering (preferred)
- Minimum 8-10 years relative work experience in managing maintenance or operations
- Demonstrated performance in driving plant KPI’s, creating and maintaining budgets
- Computer proficient in Microsoft applications
- Proven track record in managing direct reports