The ideal candidate will be results driven, motivated by technical challenges and have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills. The primary responsibility of this position is to improve equipment reliability by reducing machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance. The Power Manager will be responsible for leading/managing the power and site services area. The area has 12 non-exempt employees working shifts (High performance work system), and 1 day resource, 1 power engineer, and 2 maintenance technicians. The services include steam(coal, NG, FO), HTM(NG, FO), chilled water, compressed air.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 + years of experience, with 8 + years of management experience.
- Ability to manage small projects
- Ability to analyze project need from a cost standpoint
- Ability to work well with a team
- Punctuality and Dependability
- Commitment to always work safely
- Commitment to Quality
- Ability to comprehend P&ID’s preferred
- Ability to utilize a process parameter trending technology package (ASPEN IP21) preferred
- SAP experience Maintenance Work Centers and Purchase Requisitions preferred