Must be willing to work off shifts in a 3-shift operation
Supervising a fast-paced three-shift complex and integrated Yarn mill. Manage yarn producing operations and develop processes to ensure safety, quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met. Troubleshoot problems with yarn production machinery and take corrective action.
- Ensures the safety of all associates.
- Successfully manage 20+ people in a yarn manufacturing environment.
- Learn and understand: The complexities involved with running many different products at the same time.
- How to implement a production schedule that is running many different products at one time.
- Two product identifications systems – one for the individual machines on the production floor and the other system using software for electronic monitoring.
- Maintain production and quality requirements for all yarn manufacturing processes. • Handle associate disciplinary proceedings.
- Lead by example
Yarn Manufacturing Textile Experience
• Self-motivated, hands-on individual with keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Capable of working independently and collaboratively in teams • Possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented
• Strong leadership skills with experience in influencing and managing change
• Demonstrate project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and easily adapt to changing priorities • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Requires good mathematical skills.
• Requires good computer skills preferably using Microsoft office products. Physical Requirements:
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and move about the production facility Education /Experience: • High school diploma/GED required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Textile experience required
• Experience in a manufacturing environment with 3 or more years in a supervisory role
• Background in process engineering and/or strong technical skills a plus
• Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities