428-Director of Engineering
Lead and manage Engineering department, be a major player in the factory leadership team, managed a multi-disciplinary team, lead product (MRO and OEM) development, production process control and production improvement, lead and manage product development and continues improvement program through a full project life cycle.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Provide design expertise for existing and new products including Technical Response for RFQ’s and RFI’s.
- Responsible for developing new capabilities, research and development, initiating new projects and manage them start to completion.
- Maintain a running business with stable manufacturing processes.
- Continuously seek methods of innovations and improvements to existing manufacturing processes, tools and equipment in collaboration with Production and Quality teams.
- Develop and maintain process KPI’s Monitor quality, SPC for dimensions, provide failure analysis capabilities to determine root cause and corrective action
- Initiate and Manage engineering projects through a full project life cycle; set and maintain project management KPI and periodic report to the management team, customers, via presentation, on status of existing and planned projects.
- Provide Engineering expertise and support to Company Departments, customers and vendors.
- Responsible for preparing the team to pass audits.
- Establish Engineering policies and procedures for Configuration Management, Engineering Department’s daily operation, design and document control.
- Develop the Engineering team through hiring, development and provide proper engineering and professional development personal and group training,
- Supervise Engineering personnel, establish their priorities, assign responsibilities and measure results.
- Work with other groups Engineering teams to collaborate and increase synergies.
- Proven solid people and Engineering groups management
- Proven product development and project management skills.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing processes, product line operation and control, operation excellence, and lean tools.
- Solid knowledge of the principles of heat transfer design.
- High familiarity with development tools and SW’s.
- Knowledge of brazing processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with ability to present and educate on subject matter.
- Highly organized with attention to details.
- Proven leadership skills, in charge of the responsibilities, with ability to motivate, mentor, engage, and empower subordinates.
- Collaboration with other departments
- Ability to partner with customers on existing and new products.
- Ability to travel (may require travel nationally and internationally)