- Coordinate and facilitate all Project Engineering aspects of assigned projects.
- Manage construction quality control program. Ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Assist with coordinating and managing subcontractors.
- Prepare project submittals as required. Oversee process and submittal tracking system.
- Oversee and manage project design elements as required. Prepare/oversee all built project deliverables as required.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of the construction work as required to verify that the work is finished and installed in accordance with the Subcontract Documents
- Assist project team in completing remediation and construction activities in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
- Coordinate all required inspection and testing activities. Approve inspection and testing documentation.
- Verify that the required inspections and test are performed in accordance with the Project QAPP
- Enforcement of all company policies and procedures, including health & safety.
- Quality assurance tracking, receiving and reporting.
- Works well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Safety support and planning work with Health and Safety Personnel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a current South Carolina Professional Engineering certificate or able to obtain PE reciprocity in South Carolina.
- Must have geosynthetic liner experience.
- Design and/or construction oversight experience of earthwork and stormwater drainage projects.
- Knowledgeable in the principles and practice of erosion and sediment controls.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing. Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks. Have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including the use of the Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project Scheduling.
- Understand basic behavior based safety programs and enforce company’s safety policies.
- Must meet travel expectations.
- Must meet medical requirements of the job site.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex engineering problems plus communicate/interface with all level of personnel.
Education and Experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in Civil Engineering, or related discipline.
- Five (5) or more years of heavy construction and/or remediation experience.