The key focus of this role will be to develop and lead planned, preventive, and predictive maintenance activities and procedures and to develop the overall technical capabilities of the maintenance organization to achieve benchmark results in unplanned downtime, breakdowns, and equipment reliability. The manager will play a significant part in improving operational performance and will align the maintenance department with standardized best practice through lean work principles by using TPM and AM tools and techniques.
*Development and Implementation of a Maintenance Reliability program that we can standardize and sustain to ensure that equipment up-time is maximized.
* Mentoring and teaching the team to develop optimal skills in maintenance and the fundamentals of non-wovens production.
* Develop maintenance strategies, policies and procedures to increase line capacities and to improve utility management.
* Manage the failure analysis process within the plant, to fully utilize ePAC (formerly TABWARE, CMMS) and improve OEE and other KPI’s (MTBF, MTBR, etc.).
* Initiate and document the implementation of recommended actions, fully utilizing OGSM models. Lead and develop progressive DT reporting procedures and processes to track and improve equipment reliability through the use of paretos and other lean techniques.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Non-wovens background preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree (Engineering preferred); or minimum of ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s Degree preferred.
* 3-5 years Manufacturing Management, automotive customer focus a must
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret information furnished in (English) written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documents. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisors and other employees of the organization.
COMPUTER/MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets, as well as CAD/CAM and project management software. Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
To be discussed during interview process