Responsible for all aspects of the assigned department operations: safety, production, quality, waste, on time delivery, communication, and employee relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent
- 1-3 years related experience; work experience in manufacturing
- Physical Requirements: Lift 30 lbs, Push 250 lbs carts of fabric, pull 50 lbs, work a 12-hr shift with extensive standing & walking
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States..
- Responsible for all aspects of the assigned department operations: safety, production, quality, waste, on time delivery, communication, and employee relations.
- Responsible for documentation to Management on department operations on a daily basis.
- Audit processes for quality issues and non-conformances to departmental and company policies.
- Solicit ideas and suggestions from associates on methods to improve the process.
- Responsible for documenting and administering disciplinary actions.
- Supervise union and related personnel.
- Monitor performance to department goals and communicates results to associates.
- Perform constant tours to insure safety and security of personnel and equipment; documents/communicates safety problems and assures resolution of safety problems
Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate others in continuous improvement
Computer skills required.
To be discussed at time of interview