Reporting to the General Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the administration and operations of the converting division. Main responsibilities include:
- Insist on and create a safe and healthy work environment for all his unit staff Identify the unit’s OSHA priorities in line with corporate objectives and follow up on them
- Provide sound financial management and maximize the return on assets under his responsibility
- Maximize his unit’s operational efficiency and optimize resources
- Elaborate and achieve the plant’s strategic plan and ensure evolution of operations and equipment to remain competitive on the market. Improve existing products and develop new ones to ensure long term viability of the unit.
- Maximize synergy and foster collaboration among company groups, units and business units
- Keep abreast of products and services offered by the competition, anticipate customers’ needs and stay up-to-date on manufacturing best practices and new technologies and share them within the organization
- Develop and implement a business strategy for unit in line with business unit’s vision
- Help implement a strategic plan for his market sector/region
- Develop good relationships with business partners
- Ensure that standardized best practices are implemented in all areas of activity
- Maximize unit’s operational efficiency (and sales, if applicable) and optimize resources
- Maximize synergy and foster collaboration among company's groups, units and business units Establish a continuous improvement structure in his unit Establish operational efficiency objectives and achieve them via a performance review Provide sound financial management and maximize the return on assets under his responsibility
- Human Resources Design and implement a talent development and succession strategy for unit, in cooperation with Human Resources Build a team of competent and dedicated people whose skills complement one another
- Ensure that the work flow and job structure are tailored to his unit’s needs Manage and engage his staff based on company's values and business strategy
- Accept the full responsibility that comes with this position in line with OSH requirements
- Identify the unit’s OSH priorities in line with corporate objectives and follow up on them Insist on and create a safe and healthy work environment for all unit staff
- Promote sound occupational health and safety management
- Personally commit to and display strong leadership in health and safety
Possess an engineering degree and 8 to 10 years of paper mill experience required!!
Possess good management and supervision skills
Show leadership and dynamism and to possess good communication skills.
To be flexible and motivated to take up challenges, showing strong initiative