447-Process Improvement Specialist
Process Improvement Engineer will be an integral team member in the growth and innovation efforts of the plant. Key expectations and responsibilities of the Process Improvement Engineer will be:
• Developing new construction or modifying existing products in knits to meet market and specific business unit needs.
• Demonstrated abilities to make long lasting relationships with current business and plant personnel in effort to benefit both.
• Serve as project lead on new improvement and R&D projects that are strategic to growth and success of the plant.
• Serve as liaison and subject matter expert between the business units and manufacturing locations both internal and external.
• Serve as technical resource to other upstream manufacturing technologies to improve current and new performance capabilities
• Circular knit experience in manufacturing and new product development of cellulosic, synthetic, and spandex containing fabrics
• Good communication skills and ability to interface with all stakeholders in the development process including customers, manufacturing associates across multiple locations, sales & marketing group, and other development engineers to successfully and efficiently expedite samples through processing while meeting company and customer’s objectives and goals.
• Good presentation skills to convey project details (status, timelines, financial data, etc.)
• Ability to analyze knitted fabric samples and determine construction and yarn content and translate information into knit machine specification.
• Highly motivated, self-driven, and open-minded individual who is capable of accomplishing tasks and projects in a limited supervision environment
• Strong computer skills related to data entry and tracking (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and working knowledge or ability to learn systems quickly
Highly qualified candidates will have the following additional attributes:
• Working knowledge of currently utilized our systems such as SAP, PVS, etc.
• Experience in dyeing and finishing of knitted cellulosic, synthetic, and spandex containing fabrics
• BS degree in engineering, textile technology, or similar technical field