395-Manufacturing and Product Engineer
The manufacturing and product engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Liaison to customer support and technical teams.
This position must effectively carry out the responsibilities and duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the values of the company in a positive manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Accountable & responsible for the development and profitability of the highest growth segment.
* Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
* Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
* Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinates deployment including training of team members.
* Assists general manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
* Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
* Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
* Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
* Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
* Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
* Verifies equipment, hardware and system specification in-house as well as from outside suppliers, vendors or engineering services.
* Procures all necessary equipment, hardware and services to install or modify equipment or systems.
* Provides direction of project or maintenance work based on budget and schedule.
* Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
* Acts as a bridge between the field and CIT regarding field issues and their resolution.
* Acts as a liaison between the sales group and the manufacturing group.
* Manages and communicates sales information and product changes both internally and externally.
* Handles special requests from Sales & Marketing.
* Manages SKU Inventory.
* Troubleshoots manufacturing problems as needed.
* Plant supervision
* Hands-on role on the production floor.
* Assists in capital projects.
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field; electrical engineering degree a plus.
* Five years’ experience in a non wovens or textiles environment a plus.
* Demonstrated accuracy and problem-solving skills within a manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrated ability to understand the Statistical Process Control and lean manufacturing concepts.
* Experience and/or training in safe work environments, union work environments, capital improvement, and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency a plus.
* LEAN manufacturing experience a plus.
* Experience/knowledge with process and equipment validation, PFMEA, IQ/OQ/PQ, etc.
* Candidate must possess good project management skills and initiative in taking on and completing projects.
* Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
* Willing to work shifts a plus.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organizational and planning skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects.
* Ability to work with minimal direction (“self-starter”), that has demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to handle high pressure and multiple projects at the same time.
* Positive “can do” attitude; team player.
* Sales and negotiation skills.
* Problem solving skills.
* Hands on, willing to get dirty.
* Results oriented.
* Customer supplier relationships, including vendor selection process, and purchasing system involvement.
* Personal initiative, including search for improvements based on technology, and engineering expertise.