478-Hourly Technical Team Leader
This is an hourly position. You will be eligible for overtime.
Leading the team to succeed, the Team Leader has several key responsibilities for their designated work area and assigned shift to include. Main responsibility of the Team Leader is the training and development of the staff to strengthen a safe and productive manufacture of high quality products. Moreover, the Team Leader serves as a support resource, if a Line Operator or Shift Supervisor is absent. So the Team Leader insures company policies and standardized training are followed and site develops positive work culture.
* Responsible for training of production positions such as winder, blend line and line operator to maintain high efficiencies and flexibility within the plant.
o Completion of onboarding and training utilizing structured program to include all required standardize work reviews, checklists, tests, etc.
o Foster a continuous learning culture by providing training and coaching to the staff on a daily basis
o Training of other positions as designated by your supervisor.
* Provide technical leadership to insure that on-going process of continuous quality improvement is maintained.
o Troubleshooting and improvement activities to improve OEE. Team Leader will support production supervisor and line operators to address production abnormalities and provide corrective actions to improve or eliminate issues.
o Provide timely and effective feedback to help team members to strengthen specific skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
* Serves as interim acting Shift Supervisor when Shift Supervisor is unavailable.
* Serves as interim acting Line Operator when Line Operator is unavailable.
* Foster a continuous improvement culture by insuring activities such as TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and 5S are completed effectively as assigned.
* Escalate abnormalities to appropriate resources and leadership as designated by your manager.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
* Nonwovens experience is mandatory.
* User expertise at the production lines 7, 8 and 10 are mandatory.
* Flexibility to work a 12 hour shift.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documents. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisors and other employees of the organization. Ability to train and explain technologically advanced processes to team members.
COMPUTER/MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
To be discussed during interview