Responsible for all technical aspects of the Impregnation Department process. This includes ensuring that the department meets scrap, quality, delivery, and cost metrics. Incumbent is also responsible for improving existing processes, and finding ways to further improve scrap, quality, delivery, and cost metrics beyond current targets. Incumbent will work on projects of high complexity for manufacturing operations. Continuously improves the production process, utilizing a hands-on approach.
- BS degree in engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant field
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience required
- Must have a strong floor presence; lead by influence; possess customer service skills; display strong analytical skills and intellectual horsepower.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment. Impregnation/coating experience preferred.
- Paper manufacturing experience and/or experience in resin impregnation processes preferred.
- Technology and automation minded, with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Possess an exceptional attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to integrate well and adapt to cultural differences