464-Textile Sales Engineer (automotive)
The Textile Sales Engineer will implement product design and process development activities compliant with all quality and regulatory requirements. In this role, the Textile Sales Engineer is a primary contact with our customers of technical textile products and is responsible from inception to sale of technical products developed to meet the needs of our customers. The Textile Sales Engineer is responsible for Product Development, Sales, Sourcing, and Costing of assigned product categories. Interaction is potentially with all levels of the organization as well as suppliers and customers and is fully responsible for formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and internal cross-functional team members to develop specifications, coordinate projects to achieve customer solutions from a performance and cost perspectives. Transition prototypes/samples into viable manufacturing programs for our customers.
- Project member for new design and development teams of performance textiles.
- Be a technical resource to improve process efficiency/product quality in all textile related matters.
- Support new equipment/process implementation.
- Conduct process validation activities.
- Provide cost-saving initiatives by evaluating manufacturing processes while maintaining quality standards.
- Design products and processes for cost efficiency and quality.
- Recommend and rationalize specifications for development products.
- Implementation of process improvements and monitoring for efficacy.
- Assist with implementing corrective actions plans (CAP).
- Lead and provide input to risk assessment activities such as FMEA.
- Must have experience with textile processing such as yarn manufacturing, weaving, knitting (circular and warp), wet processing, dyeing and finishing and related textile applications.
- Must be able to make effective presentations to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with audiences of all knowledge levels
- Prior experience with industrial textile applications including automotive preferred
- Prior experience working in an ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or TS16949 facility.
- Ability to handle confidential business information.
- Understanding of statistical methods and associated statistical analysis.
- Understanding of cause-effect relations between process inputs and product specifications.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Utilization of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) for project execution and internal communication purposes.
Education/Experience Requirements for Textile Sales Engineer:
Required- Bachelor’s Degree with 10 or more years' industry experience
Preferred- Advanced Degree (M.S. Textile Technology or related) with 7 years’ industry experience
5% bonus potential in additional to salary - other benefits to be discussed