420-Knitting Machine Operator Specialist
The Knitting Machine Operator is a unique technical role in which the selected individuals will be trained and tasked with operating a wide range of circular knitting equipment in a fully capable semi-works textile research and development facility. The role presents an opportunity to personally participate in innovations under development for the apparel industry which are to be commercialized worldwide. Moreover, the role allows the ideal individual the opportunity to be hands-on in the development process as a machine specialist, as well as a collaborator and co-creator on new offerings through interaction with researchers and other members of the business development team that use the facility.
Duties of the Role
- Demonstrate advanced skills in operating circular knitting equipment.
- Operate knitting machinery to produce new fabric concepts. Collaborate with research engineers on yarn selection to machine design and set-up, execution, and analysis of fabrics.
- Carry out fiber/yarn experiments on machines for product and defect analysis
- Capable of maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing knitting equipment.
- Provide technical knowledge and support; conduct fabric and defect analysis to research, sales & marketing teams, and external customers.
- Ability to conduct small scale chemical analysis in a wet chemistry lab.
- Manage multiple processing requests; document and communicate results.
- Manage an inventory of goods (fibers, yarns, and fabrics), both shipping and receiving, which may include packaging items for shipment domestically and internationally.
- Maintain training as a backfill operator on selected equipment.
- Receive and understand guidance of Principal Investigators to plan, coordinate, and execute projects
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (safety glasses)
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, etc.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to continually maintain a safe and tidy work environment.
- 2-year Degree from a Technical College, or a BS degree in textiles, Engineering, or related discipline. The ideal candidate will also have 3 years of experience with circular knitting; or equivalent combination of training and experience related to area of assignment.
- Computer skills to include competency with MS Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Adobe skills desired.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and/or in the future.
To be discussed during interview process