This position is located in Mexico!
- Manage the daily operations of the entire manufacturing plant including:
- Responsible for preparation and implementation of weekly and monthly production plan – supervise and oversee the Production Planning Manager.
- Manage the priorities of the department managers to company objectives. All of the manufacturing department managers report directly to Plant Manager.
- Communicate necessary plant instructions to department managers and supervisors.
- Insure plant wide understanding and adherence to SOP’s . Includes the oversight of PE to insure that SOP’s are always up to date.
- Responsible for adherence to customer quality requirements
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and timely response maintenance in the plant.
- Insure proper safety and health codes in the plant
- Provide direction and accountability for the HR Manager.
- Oversee the successful development of new products working as part of the product development team. To include PE, Fabric Analyst, Knitting Manager, Dye Manager and Finishing Manager.
- Full responsibility to insure all employees are properly trained to perform their job consistently and successfully.
- Set up objectives for department managers and supervisors in writing. This is to ensure a culture of accountability tied to pay, and ensure a continuous improvement mentality develops in the manufacturing area.
- Maintain a productive and positive relationship with raw material suppliers and insure incoming quality standards are met.
- Maintain discipline in the manufacturing plant. See that this discipline is administered consistently and fairly. Insure that proper records and histories are kept. Terminate unproductive and underperforming personnel.
- Emphasize housekeeping and cleanliness in plant on daily basis.
- Degree in Textile Engineering, Textile Technology, or Textile Chemistry
- Minimum of 12 to 15 years experience in managing textile facility preferably in the knitted fabric area.
- Thorough knowledge of all textile processes in the knitted fabric area including yarn requirements and quality parameters, knitting machinery and construction, dyeing, finishing, face finishing (napping, shearing, sueding), inspection and quality requirements.
- Understanding of chemistry relating to dyeing and finishing procedures and fabric finishing procedures. Understand the relationship between chemistry and the fabric aesthetics required by the customer.
- Experience in Planning and Scheduling a full manufacturing facility
- Basic understanding of machinery in order to successfully work with Engineering to maintain proper maintenance of equipment and utilities.
- Communication skills in order to communicate with Owners and floor personnel (including hourly machine operators).
- Understanding of quality in cost management practices. Able to communicate these requirements to subordinates.
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding production , scheduling , quality and technical issues when necessary. Must speak English.
Company car + housing allowance. Other to be discussed