476-Continuous Improvement Process Engineer
Responsible monitoring, documenting, and improving manufacturing processes thru continuous improvement activities. Collect and evaluate data that drives OEE and process improvements. Drive operations lean activities, such as PM implementation and TPM.
- The Process Engineer reports directly to the Operations Director.
- Is responsible to document, manage and improve manufacturing processes.
- Monitor daily OEE’s (Vorne Data) and drive improvement activities.
- Participate in all Six Sigma Lean activities.
- Drive TPM activities at work centers.
- Assist Plant Engineering Manager with the implementation of PM software, data input, and PM activities.
- Works closely with R&D Department to develop new products / processes and document their performance.
- Evaluates process data and makes necessary set-up adjustments to improve company's quality, efficiency, and cost maximization.
- Manage the documentation of all production processes including carding, heat setting, chemical treatment, inspection and offline needling.
- Assist with processing new raw materials and evaluate based on performance.
- Monitor daily all waste at each work center and drive activities and training to reduce.
- Monitor weekly and monthly product weights and widths to ensure specifications are met and material variances are positive.
- Provide hands on training of all production team members, shift leaders, and supervision.
- Participate in all Safety and Environmental activities such as monthly meetings and plant audits.
- 4-Year College Degree or Bachelor (B)
- Minimum of 5 years in manufacturing
- MS Suite (Excel, Word, Access) aptitude.
- Good math and reading skills. Attention to details and good mechanical aptitude.
- Must be proficient in NOS System, be a team player and Leadership skills.
- Record organization and good verbal communication required.