Manage and coordinate with designated personnel to insure that the plant production, maintenance, and shipping schedules are maintained. Provide leadership and technical guidance in these areas to insure that production goals, quality standards, and safety goals are met as needed.
- Receive oral and/or written instructions in performing assigned duties.
- Schedule production lines, coordinate shipping department activities, and insure that delivery dates are met or promised dates are established and proper parties notified so that our orders are produced and delivered on time, as ordered.
- Provide technical leadership to insure that on-going process of continuous quality improvement is maintained.
- Insure the application of an effective program in the area of safety, training, two-way communication, employee health and welfare, housekeeping, and proper job performance.
- Recommend to the Plant manager requirements for capital expenditures for repair or replacement of machinery, equipment of facilities for the department.
- Coordinate with Personnel Department to insure that qualified employees are obtained for efficient department operation.
- Review work orders; assign plant maintenance workloads, including preventive maintenance, to insure that machinery and equipment are kept in good working condition.
- Direct inventory control program to insure lowest possible inventory expense, on-hand availability of all raw material and reduce space allocation inventory storage.
- Maintain liaison with other plant functions and use all other available means to keep fully informed of developments in the area of new and improved machinery, materials and techniques.
- Provide and interpret for management, accurate and timely reports on operations of the plant
- Maintain required records in performing assigned duties.
- Develop and recommend standards in the areas of manpower requirements, volume, and priority of work and cost expenditures for the production, maintenance, and shipping departments
College degree or equivalent experience
2 years of shift supervisory experience in a non-woven manufacturing experience
To be discussed