461-Supply Chain Manager
The supply chain department is responsible for ~60% of the company costs, approximately 20M$ per year in which, the APU department portion is ~10M$ per year. The company supply chain is a complex work environment with a variety of constraint and challenges. The supply chain department is responsible for maintaining a strategic relationship with key suppliers while pursuing new suppliers, cost-effective deals and new ways to cut procurement expenses by finding innovative solutions to supply-chain issues.
The company supply chain Key challenges
* Maintain parts availability while pursuing cost reduction and inventory levels goals.
* Supporting production and quality excellence.
* Unpredictable parts demand which requires rapid responses and creativity.
o Implementing new procurement strategy in which the APU department utilised the maximum potential of surplus parts availability.
o Lead the company “Bag & Tag” operation, an internal resource of surplus parts trough teardown As Removed APU unit.
o Lead the procurement efforts of As Removed APU’s assets to support the “Bag &Tag” operation.
o Build and maintain a relationship with key suppliers.
o Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes.
o Support the development of new parts supports solutions internally and with third-party partners.
o Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness control spend.
Critical Personality characteristics for success in the position
* Change agent - A strong leader with the ability and drive change
* Strong self-confidence which is based on deep thinking (rather than ego or experience), planning capabilities and wide strategic and business view.
* High energy – dynamic and fast moving individual
* Risk taker – someone who is not afraid of making mistakes and leverage mistakes for learning and self-improvement
* High performer who focuses on results and gets self-gratification from success
* A team member who enjoys building and being part of strong teams
* Self-starter – active, constantly looks to change and improve, initiate and follow through
* Ability to challenge and be challenged by others
* A smart and sharp individual with strong analytical capabilities
Proven experience as Supply chain buyer/manager or another relevant role in the APU MRO arena.
* Aerospace Industry knowledge and experience.
* Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques.
* Talent in negotiations and networking.
* Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
* BSc/BA in business administration, Supply Chain Management & Logistics or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.