The warehouse manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a 235k SF distribution center, including shipping, receiving, inventory management, quality control and warehouse organization. He or she will supervise warehouse employees, leads and supervisors, and implement and enforce warehouse policies and procedures. This individual will plan, direct, and coordinate distribution operations. The warehouse manage will report to Distribution Manager.
- Responsible for approx. $40M in annual outbound shipments to large box customers via all shipping methods.
- Oversee $7-10M rolling inventory through daily ABC cycle counts
- Oversee the receipt of approx. 750 annual containers through the Port of Charleston through efficient scheduling and production management
- Supervise and direct all warehouse supervisors, leads, and associates
- Hire, train, and motivate approx. 30-person warehouse staff
- The ability to plan resources and workload across different warehouse departments
- Coordinate facility and warehouse equipment repairs as needed
- The ability to review, adjust and implement new SOP’s as needed
- Must have a problem-solving mentality with excellent attention-to-detail
- The ability to effectively communicate with NY-based corporate office, specifically customer service
- Ensure complete facility adherence to OSHA and company's safety guidelines
- Evaluate staff performance and maximize efficiency
- Adjust warehouse staffing and hours to align with changing distribution schedules
- Control labor costs to budget
- Maintain a “print today, ship today” standard for shipping e-commerce orders
- Champion process improvements and cost reductions
- Be knowledgeable of computer processes and WMS functionality
- Maintain an A+, tour ready distribution center on a daily basis
- Good writing and verbal communication skills to a broad range of stakeholders, from warehouse associates to Sr. Managers
- Possess above-average computer skills, specifically MS Office
- The ability to operate a forklift as needed
- The ability to split time between office and on-floor job requirements
- The ability to lift 30lbs.
- The ability to brief the Distribution Manager daily in a professional manner, as to production status, issues, and possible solutions.
- 7 years warehouse/distribution experience. (5 years in a managerial role).
- 4-year college degree or equivalent preferred
- Additional experience or education may be substituted for these qualifications
- Experience with all means of shipping (Small parcel, LTL and TL) and corresponding shipping systems
- Experience with imported goods, including port operations and inland drayage.
- Experience with large box customers and their logistics requirements
- The ability to perform the Distribution Manager’s job functions in his absence
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and lead a team
- Extraordinary organization and planning
- Excellent communication with superiors and subordinates
- The ability to work under pressure in challenging situations
- Self-motivation with exceptional time management skills
- Experience with continuous improvement implementation
- Experience with WMS
- Possess knowledge of bar code scanners and corresponding application to warehouse processes