To coordinate and manage the daily activities of the Dyeing Department while keeping our main objectives in the forefront of all decisions – safety, quality, delivery, and cost. To provide assistance to Dyeing Department associates on quality related items. To provide guidance to ensure that all fabrics are processed in the safest, most quality conscience manner possible. In achieving these goals, this individual must ensure the most efficient, cost effective means are used to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Detailed communication must occur between shifts and within their shift to ensure goals and expectations are clearly defined. Development of all associates and teams within their area of responsibility ensuring continuous growth and achievement.
- Ensure the safety of associates in the dyeing area through safety and development programs.
- Continuous improvement in all aspects of quality. Reviewing problems and ensuring steps are taken to eliminate such issues. Making sure fabrics are processed in such a manner that would guarantee the customer’s requirements are met or exceeded.
- Solve specific problems that affect internal and external workings of the department and those that affect customers. This involves providing leadership for other shifts.
- Ensure that policy enforcement is consistently maintained among dyeing department employees.
- Ensure customer orders or requirements are completed in a timely fashion and in the safest and most efficient manner possible.
- Communicate verbally and written reports on all off quality. This involves providing as much information as possible to aid in the investigation and solving a quality problem.
- Develop and promote individual and team interaction maintaining and improving process controls.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 3-5 years textile background. Ability to identify defects that are critical by greige manufacturing and dyeing/finishing processes.
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual with keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills.
- Must be able to pass Munsell Color Shade Test.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively in teams.
- Possess problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in influencing and managing change.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Ability to make decisions, manage multiple tasks and easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires good mathematical skills.
- Requires good computer skills preferably using Microsoft office products.